Stats of Homeless People in India 2020 | Charity For Homeless
Let’s explore in this blog, the stats of homeless people in India especially due to lockdown. Also, discuss ways to help these people with trusted charities.
India has been apparently battling Coronavirus excellently, with a very low death rate.?We all are currently in the lockdown but it’s important to contain the deadly virus. Not sure how long this is gonna extend but we’ll just have to hold it longer and stronger.
LISTEN TO THIS BLOG IN AUDIO:
On one hand we can see people are struggling with food and essentials, the other hand we are trying to help them with our charity causes. When there are lots of people who live on the streets, ‘Stay Home’ means nothing to them. They’re just running and trying not to be caught by the policemen.
Let’s see a few shocking stats about Homeless People In India as per 2020:
- As per 2011 census, India has more than 1.77 million homeless people and most of them survive by begging alms.
- The figures of homelessness in India has definitely increased considering the increase in population for the last decade.
- Except homelessness, as per Homeless World Cup website, more than 73 million Indian families lack decent housing. That means people live in a house that can wash away with mild storms also.
- More than 4 million people are clueless about their next day meals and just spend their nights on the streets and days asking for food at traffic signals.
- Especially during Lockdown, their biggest concern is not the disease (Covid 19) but the hunger.?
Stats of Homeless people in India is increasing as population has become a very big issue. The doors of SERUDS are always open for everyone who needs shelter.
SUPPORT OUR CORONAVIRUS CHARITY CAMPAIGN WITH YOUR DONATIONS:
We (Seruds NGO) directly donate food and needed items to individuals and their families impacted by the COVID-19 coronavirus. Daily wagers rendered jobless by the current COVID-19 pandemic need our timely support to sustain them. As the crisis grows, the livelihoods of a large number of families in India that survive on daily wages have been affected deeply.
Donate securely via Milaap:- Click here
For Convenient UPI Donations Click here